XM engine

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Doc
My Cars:

XM engine

Post by Doc »

Got to the last stage of trying to remove engine but was stopped by the extremely rusty and rounded off exhaust flexible link bolts. It looks like a previous owner has had a go already. I think my XM is royally stuffed if I can't shift these bolts. Everything else is off the car and ready for the big lift. I would include photos but I'm not sure how to get them on the site. Several members have kindly suggested dropping all the mounts so the engine can be pulled forward. As I have removed hydraulic regulator and accumulator blocks, battery tray, LHM reservoir and drive shafts, I don't want to give up. I will try this last ditch attempt tomorrow and if this still doesn't work then there will be an XM going free to anyone with a trailer. I will let you all know how I get on. [xx(]
Doc
NiSk
My Cars:

Post by NiSk »

If you can't get the flex-link bolts off, you'll have to cut them (angle grinder/tiger saw/nut splitter - what ever you've got).
//NiSk
Mosser
My Cars:

Post by Mosser »

I would second Nisk's idea of cutting them off, if you cant get an angle grinder in, you will surely get a dremel tool in with a cutoff disk on ?, you might need a couple of disks per bolt but its worth it, dont give up !!!
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

New bolts come with the exhaust fitting kit, by hook or crook chop em off
Stewart