Xantia Alarm

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

tonyb1
My Cars:

Xantia Alarm

Post by tonyb1 »

After reading lots of threads I'm well educated on a lot of alarm probs but still not sure on my own one [:I]. Could anyone tell me how to turn off the alarm when it's going off due to a low/flat battery. If I use the plip, it stops then starts again. Same with the dash button behind the wiper stalk. Pulled the fuse and it's still going! It only stops if I run the car for a few minutes. I'm changing the battery next week but need to disable the alarm for the time being. Is there a simple way of doing it. Thanks.
johntaylor
My Cars:

Post by johntaylor »

Yes, your ignition key should fit the isolator for the siren, turn it off by that. Stand looking at the engine bay, look to the top right hand corner and the keylock is covered by a plastic cap. Assuming yours is not a transponder system? Best of luck.
Gregg1100
My Cars:

Post by Gregg1100 »

Hello,
Does anyone know where the alarm siren is on a 97 Xantia 16v VSX. It`s not at rear of bulkhead, they find some right hideaways for these things
Thanks,
Greg
RichardH
My Cars:

Post by RichardH »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Gregg1100</i>

Hello,
Does anyone know where the alarm siren is on a 97 Xantia 16v VSX. It`s not at rear of bulkhead, they find some right hideaways for these things
Thanks,
Greg
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Have a look under the front nearside wheelarch, take the plastic shield off and check forward of the wheel.
Richard
Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

Post by Richard Gallagher »

They are also found behind the wheel.