cheap fuel

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

spudgun

cheap fuel

Post by spudgun »

I do'nt suppose anyone has tried this out yet,I found that passing red deisel through a circulating rig made up using a couple of old oil drums and a pond uv lamp removes the red color thus rendering it usable for road use.
clivetheitman
My Cars:

Post by clivetheitman »

It may remove the colour, but the chemical tracers are still in the fuel and customs and excise will still detect that its red diesel and then your off to the pokey for a free holiday plus a large fine
spudgun

Post by spudgun »

the chemical trace elements can be removed by passing the liquid through a special sedimentary filter element comprising of objects that are all legaly available from your local hardware store,these powders will absorb and neutralise the tell tale chemicals,the mix is then left to stand like home brew to clear,easy peasy.
banger

Post by banger »

smart idea,I have done mutch the same thing but using a central heating pump circulating the fuel through a special filter made from charged wire mesh ( anode and cathode )the high tension being supplied from a stripped out fly catcher like you see in the chip shop!
Panjandrum
My Cars:

Post by Panjandrum »

This topic seems to be shifting from illegal to homicidal.
Brilec
My Cars:

Post by Brilec »

Why mess about? Why not get some used vegetable oil from your local chippy, filter it and add some type of alcohol, and get bio-diesel.
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Sorry guys but arn't you aware that most goverment aggencies have there listening devices set to automaticaly check for key words such as "RED diesel" as well as more interesting stuff like SEMTEX. It's not just hear say they accualy do it. In my line of work you wouldn't be live what the goverment can do with very little expensive equipment. I guess what I'm trying to say is just watch out when talking about this kind of thing on the net. Dogey dossier and all that stuff off the webb if you catch my drift.
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

Chip oil rules;) Ribena diesel has radioactive trace stuff in it too, not worth the risk.
Stewart
Jon

Post by Jon »

No more about Red Di please or the topic will be locked or deleted.
Thank you.