Xantia steering/suspension dance

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

harryb.48
My Cars:

Xantia steering/suspension dance

Post by harryb.48 »

The last couple of days I was starting to get used to driving the car instead of lying underneath it ,when what do you know - I was shaken out of my complacency by yet another couple of faults[:(!]
1) When turning into my regular slot outside Ha@£££ds today the front end did a queer sort of dance ,going right down and then springing back up
(past normal height) before settling to normal height just as I tried to escape mocking laughter from kids in the next car.It did something similar in front of my discount parts store the other day.(is it trying to tell me something??)
Now ,from earlier postings I think this might have something to do with the Flow Divider Valve? And is it recommended to first try filling up with Hydraflush first ? I understand there are some sensitive parts which could get clogged up if LHM is dirty(dirty filters)BTW is the only way to drain fluid by removing the tank?
The car has done 71k and I was just saving up to get the timing belt changed!
2)This one`s easy,the temp gauge shows just 55-65Deg. ,creeping up to 75 in town so I got a new thermostat - will fit tomorrow.
Are there no end to these problems I wonder?[:(!]
Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

Post by Richard Gallagher »

I shouldn't worry about this Harry, I've had 5 Xantias now including 3 from brand new and every one of them has done this dance up and down when the car is on full lock, its appears to be another Citroen 'quirk'. Just join in with the laughter!!
nick
My Cars:

Post by nick »

Yep, mine too and a few others I've driven have done this.
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

Mines the same sometimes when parking on full lock.
harryb.48
My Cars:

Post by harryb.48 »

Many thanks Richard,Nick and Neil, I do see the funny side now and it`s a relief to hear it`s just another Citroen quirk - maybe I should look for a bigger audience from now on ....
btw,Neil ,mine looks identical to yours(Minus the front fogs) - I think I saw you call the colour Emerald green ,so I presume I just look for that colour in touch-up paint?
Regards
Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

Post by Richard Gallagher »

Be careful of just looking for 'Emerald Green' because at the same time that that colour was being offered there was also 'Forest Green' which is slightly darker. Look on the bulkhead just behind the O/S/F suspension sphere and you will see three letters printed onto the paint, these will be the paint code, the 4 numbers the 'RP' code.
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

I used to think it was emerald green,but after buying that colour touch up stick,it doesn`t quite match.I `ve now found the paint code so will find out soon.It also looks like pearlesent(?)paint as aposed to normal matalic paint.
harryb.48
My Cars:

Post by harryb.48 »

Richard/Neil thanks for the tips.
Just checked my paint code - it`s in HUGE letters and mine says ESYMR, Is that the same as yours Neil?
I`m pretty sure it`s pearlescent as you say.
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

No harry,mine is ERYMR.I think the last 2 letters are the paint manafactors.