Now what?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Gaskin
My Cars:

Now what?

Post by Gaskin »

Time to sort out ZXTD cold start problems. Plan to renew leak off pipes and glowplugs as first step. Easy peasy with help from previous posts of course......
To cut a long story short, I now need a new valve cover gasket, intercooler to inlet manifold seal (GSF? or dealer?) and some advice. In order to get to the glowplug behind the fuel pump (Bosch for info) I removed a bracket that holds he intercooler behind the fuel pump. The screws that hold this also secure a fitting with a pipe attached that promptly leaked coolant once the bracket was clear. One screw went back in OK and stopped the leak. However, the other screw seems to have become cross threaded. It is v.hard/impossible to put it in straight as the fuel pump is in the way. It may just be corroded but I'm a bit scared to force it in case I bugger the thread. So can I just remove the fuel pump and put it back or is it more complicated than this? Do I need to mark its position or get timing etc checked afterwards? Any other suggestions?
Thanks in advance.
Cheers
Duncan
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

The intercooler to manifold seal is only 65p from Citroen got one new in the garage some where. As for the glow plug behind the fuel pump. do a site search as you can get this one out with out removing any bits of pipe work. Just need a cheap 12mm or 10mm spanner that you can butcher up so to remove. Sorry not to sure about which pipe your on about and screw.
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

I had to replace the rocker cover gasket on my Xantia TD.After 3 different 1`s from 3 different motor factors,it still leaked.In the end i went to Citroen & got 1.No more leaks since.About £7 i think,although Puegeot are usally cheaper.Took me about 2 hrs to change the glowplug behind the fuel pump.That was before i found this forum.After cut knuckles & lots of swearing,i finally done it.I had to remove a pipe or 2 from the pump,but got there in the end.