Berlingo fuel pump.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

murphman
My Cars:

Berlingo fuel pump.

Post by murphman »

Hi there
Does anyone know the make of fuel pump that is fitted to a 2003(new shape) Berlingo Multispace 1.9 Diesel. If not how can I find this out.
Thanks
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

if its the DW8 engine then it has a Lucas injection pump fitted.
murphman
My Cars:

Post by murphman »

how do I find out if it is a DW8 engine? No mention of it in the book. Just says it is a 1.9d.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

if its a 2003 model & its defo not the 2.0 HDi then it has the DW8 engine. why do you need to know ?
murphman
My Cars:

Post by murphman »

I want to know because I am running the car on Bio-power diesel. Have been told that I should find out what make the fuel pump is as when it gets cold the biodiesel will thicken and the fuel pump will pack up if it is a cheaper brand. I think(will have to check) that the Lucas one is mentioned as being ok. If not I will have to mix with normal diesel.
Thanks for your help.
Jon

Post by Jon »

I think that all the DW8's 19D's were Lucas. If you open the bonnet and look to the inner wing thats on your left (facing the engine) there will be a white sticker that will say "Lucas" then give some figure like "1.54" or something, that will confirm the fuel system type.
murphman
My Cars:

Post by murphman »

I am wrong. A LUCAS fuel pump is the WORST pump to have if you plan on using veggie oil. It will pack up very quickly if you use SVO. There are plenty of stories about this if you do a search in Google.