Xantia CD changer

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

silverback

Xantia CD changer

Post by silverback »

My Xantia LX('99 Hdi) has a radio/cassette unit with a CD button. it seems that I should have a CD changer in the boot but alas it is nowhere to be found!
I am thinking of finding a suitable CD changer but I'm unsure of.
a, The make.
b, How to wire it up to the existing radio so as to be able to use the steering wheel controls.
c, Do I have to use a CD changer from another Xantia?
My radio model is a 4035 <i>with</i> CD changer, according to the book, whatever that means, as it's probably just a Citroen code for a unit made by another manufacturer.
Any advice on what unit would work and how to wire it up would be appreciated.
Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

Post by Richard Gallagher »

I think you'll find that the LX model didn't have the CD changer fitted as standard. However you may find that part of the wiring is already fitted, try looking under the carpet below the drivers seat where you should find a large multiplug into which you then plug in the appropriate lead etc.
You may be able to pick up the changer off EBay as they do appear on there quite regularly.
meexi
My Cars:

Post by meexi »

I got my cd changer off e-bay its a clarion cdc628 remember that like mine yours may not come with the lead so try to get one with the lead included.
the easiest way to cheack if your stereo has a lead is to take the stereo out only 4 torq screws.
silverback

Post by silverback »

Thanks for the replies.
I'll look on ebay for a unit with leads.
regards
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Make sure you get the right stuff. They all look the same but it may be either a Philips, Clarion or even Grundig. Best thing to do is take your head unit out and check the manufactures model number. Example my Xsara has a Citroen 4030 which is a Philips CDR 2535 I think you can see what I'm saying. With this info you can surf on E-bay for what your after and not limited to just the Citroen stuff. Also remember that a lot of Pug stuff fits aswell. And a couple of other things, if the lead is not fitted in the car or included in the sale they are only £40 or so from Citroen. As a Guide I paid in all £120 inc postage for a new Head unit (as mine was not CD compatible), lead and changer unit. Took only 30 mins to fit and set up. Great sound as I upgrade to regular Sony speakers aswell. Sorry [:p] just make sure your head unit is CD compatible. should have 3 rows of pins on the rear, 1 for speakers, 1 for powere etc abd one for CD changer unit. [:D]
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

silverback

Post by silverback »

Martyhopkirk,
Thanks.
I have made it mine.
I hope it's the right one!
If not, I'll sell it again.