Early BX's

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Rob Marshall

Post by Rob Marshall »

no, tidy as I wish I could be reincarnated as the very tatty tweed Citroen BX driver's seat...
nick
My Cars:

Post by nick »

Interesting, the BX isn't a car I would normally associate with tidy girls.
In its day, the average BX driver always seemed to have a beard and smoke a pipe, and that was just the women....
uhn113x
My Cars: 1981 Dyane - on road all year round.
1982 GSA Pallas - on road April - September.
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

I sold my Series 1 to a guy in Devon in March - no rot and 59,000 miles - he already had another Series 1. Series 2s are not a rarity round here yet
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">he already had another Series 1. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
And thats the thing with elderly hydraulic citroens- you actually have to <b>want</b> one, because as a cheap motor to someone just looking for a runabout its a scarey proposition!!!
To Mr cheapskate faced with a BX with weird green round things under the bonnet and all those oily-draulics, as opposed to an Astra Merit for the same price, I think I know what will sell and what won't....
pwatson
My Cars:

Post by pwatson »

"What has happened to all the early BX's??"
Rarely see an A or B reg of anything around these days and the early BXs were much more prone to rust than later ones. However, if anyone wants a bonnet, hatch, doors (free!) or various other bits from a beige Mark 1 I still have them in my back shed. The bonnet and hatch are completely rustfree......now I wonder why that is??!!!!
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

'Cos good British tinworm won't eat that fancy foreign muck of course.