Central Locking

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

modi
My Cars:

Central Locking

Post by modi »

I bought my xantia SX 1.9 TD last month, the central locking was fine, but now it goes funny sometimes – almost everyday - , when I press the A button, it locks and unlocks straightaway...I have to try again and again for 5-10 minutes sometimes. It really drives my crazy, I really appreciate any advice.
Also the radio picks only 2 channels and the control buttons on the steering doesn’t work at all.. Please help!
Rgds
modi
Panjandrum
My Cars:

Post by Panjandrum »

The lock/unlock thing sounds like it THINKS one of the doors is not closed properly, and so can't lock.
modi
My Cars:

Post by modi »

Thanks for your comment Panjandrum, I thought of that already, I made sure all the doors are locked with no avail..
USA_CX

Post by USA_CX »

Had similar problem on my CX, just because the doors are closed does not mean it thinks they are. I fixed it by removing each door sensore (just looks like a little peg inside the edge of the door that you can push in by hand) and cleaning the connections on it's wires AND wirebrushing where it touched to make sure it gets a goor ground when the doors are open (for alarm purposes, nice new alarm fitted to the car at the same time) Might also help to make sure one of them is not stuck, maybe a little WD-40 on them so they open and close easier?
xantiav6

Post by xantiav6 »

When I got my current Xantia it had a similar problem, which turned out to be a worn lock mechanism.
It could be any of the locks at fault. If the car will lock manually OK using the key in the drivers door lock, but will not lock using the passenger door lock, then it is the drivers door lock at fault and vice versa.
There are two different makes of lock fitted to the MK 1 Xantia, my 1997 car has Bendix locks, but the used replacement from an earlier car was Kiekert. They look slightly different, but are interchangable. I suspect that the Bendix version wears out faster.