Bulb change on Dash.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

user_3150
New User
My Cars: This is a dummy account added to fix some orphan posts.

Bulb change on Dash.

Post by user_3150 »

Just a quickie. My Haynes is packed as we are waiting for a date to move house and the bulb on the top row of the ventilation controls has blown. How do I get to it? Cheers.
xantiav6

Post by xantiav6 »

I had an A/C control panel apart a few months ago and I only remember one bulb. But to get to it, you <ul><li> Remove the radio surround (a couple of screws at the bottom, and ease out the clips at the side)</li><li>Remove the screws holding in the control panel</li><li>Ease out the control panel (be careful not to stretch or kink the cables)</li><li>The top cover unclips from the control panel and the bulb holder can then be unclipped</li> <li>Don't attempt to unclip the front of the control panel, as the rubber strips behind the slide controls are nearly impossible to get back in</li></ul>
Good Luck.
user_3150
New User
My Cars: This is a dummy account added to fix some orphan posts.

Post by user_3150 »

How easy is it to unclip the top. I managed to get the unit out yesterday but couldn't get it undone. I was a bit worried as it felt like I was forcing it. Any ideas?
xantiav6

Post by xantiav6 »

The top unclips easily, but the top goes down inside the main case, and there is a tang on each side that need to be pressed in to release the top part. It should be obvious if you look at the sides.
Vert Galant
My Cars:

Post by Vert Galant »

Alec, for pictures, see http://xantiaclub.net/onderhoud/article.php?id=5
Let me know if you need a translation of the description given there: its a Dutch site.