Hot Xantia

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

FenXantia
My Cars:

Hot Xantia

Post by FenXantia »

...Xantia Passed MOT on Saturday
Going to work Monday morning and 6 miles from home, Temp Gauge points to the sky, oil gauge, not wanting to be late to the party joins temp gauge.
Oh Dear Says I , and starts to make it to the hard shoulder...engine stops dead and I drift over to the hard shoulder, when I come to a stop what appears to be steam was coming from the engine bay.
Oh says I out of water, so empty my drinks bottle into header tank, oh dear thats 2 ltrs and still no sign in the header tank.
Got bak in car, tempo has come down somewhat by now, and try to start, just as whining sound. It is now towed back and sitting at the end of my drive way, question is anyone got any ideas? Tow Truck chappy seemed more intrested in telling my it was a head gasket and would cost more than the cars worth, he would take it off my hands as he does "banger racing at weekends".
Xantia 1.9TD VSX L reg 168K Any ideas or thoughts would be appreciated.
ravi

Post by ravi »

hello,
i am ravi from abudhabi
i am interested in purchasing a citroen xantia 2.0i 1994 model..can u pls help me in that and also if i can get a catalouge i will be more thankfull
awating your response
ravi mishra
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Yep, if it's overheated, and now won't start (does it appear to turn over really fast?) odds on the head gasket has gone (or the head is cracked). It will cost you more in parts alone than a 170k 93 Xantia is worth, let alone the labour cost if you get someone else to do it. If you really like the car and it is otherwise excellent I would consider DIY. Otherwise, scrap it and buy another one. 100k Xantia TDs can be had from under £500 now....[:p]