re Zorgman post (not sure footed Xantia)

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

user_3150
New User
My Cars: This is a dummy account added to fix some orphan posts.

re Zorgman post (not sure footed Xantia)

Post by user_3150 »

Hi. Just thought I should follow up on the problem that I had similar to Zorgmans post about getting tired on long journeys and correcting the steering alot. Bearing in mind my car was "serviced" just before I got it earlier in the summer. I popped into my local garage which has one of those tyre inflaters that you set to the pressure you want then just let it do it's job. Anyway 3 of the tyres were over inflated by 7-9 psi (the only correct one was a new tyre put on just after we bought the car). So now all 4 tyres correct we had to do on a 200 mile round trip and what a diffrence it is to drive + the ride is now even softer. I don't get tired anymore + I'm not constantly correcting the steering. I just can't belive something so minor caused me all this hassle. Also why is it that when you buy from a garage the "service" done seems to be no more than changing the oil and filter's. Hope this a help's anyone else with the same problem (it's also the cheapest fix) and sorry for the delay.
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Correctly inflated tyres are good for :
* safety
* handling
* comfort
* mileage : fuel and tyres
Despite this very simple task, most owners only have the inflation checked when car is in for service - or the occasional flat on the highway [}:)]
tonyb1
My Cars:

Post by tonyb1 »

I recently had two new Pirelli tyres put on the front, when I left the garage I went to the petrol station and checked the pressure out of curiosity, they were both on 29. I inflated them to 33 as per the sticker inside the offside door edge. I have always followed this pressure ever since I had the car, 33 front, 30 rear. Why would the garage inflate to 29? I hope they're not right and I'm wrong, I've never had any uneven wear. I suppose the lesson learnt is not to have complete faith in servicing.
Stempy
My Cars: C5 V6 Mk1 assainated by wife
Renault Kangoo 1.6 auto, tarted up and remapped
Still missing the Xantia V6
Not missing the AX

Post by Stempy »

Sometimes different tyre manufacturers will recommend a different pressure according to their tyres construction, might be worth checking with Pirelli as the standard pressures would relate to Michelin
user_3150
New User
My Cars: This is a dummy account added to fix some orphan posts.

Post by user_3150 »

I agree Ander's. I do check tyre pressures on a regular basis as a biker it's something that I have to do quite a lot. It just amazed me that they didn't even check the tyre pressure's which should be done on even the most basic of service's.
zorgman
My Cars:

Post by zorgman »

hi
funny that i check my pressure with a digital gauge and it seems that its not that accurate turns out this was the exact fault as above im now back to the old style gauge
thanks for the info and your right something a silly as that we all put faith into these new gizmos and xpect them to be correct as normaly we dont have a cross check with a good unit