ZX 16v mad electrical problem

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

VisaGTi16v

ZX 16v mad electrical problem

Post by VisaGTi16v »

To paste what I just put on my motorclub forum...stupid car! :)
--------------------------------
right so i get into the zx at lunch as i need to go and pick up an exhaust silencer to send to someone. front and rear wipers are stopped in the middle of a cycle as it was raining this morning and I just turned the engine off without turning them off. I start the car, it starts, wipers dont move, about a second later the radio goes blep bleeep, blep bleeep which it does when you turn the car ignition off to signifiy power off. However cars still running....
so im thinking ok its a fuse to the radio and wipers...get to parents, dig out the manual. Fuse to the wipers is the same as the electric windows which still work. I take out that fuse and the windows still work!!!!!!!!!!! The radios on a different fuse but it still has power as you can eject the cd and put it back in but it wont turn on which is what happens when ignition isnt on but it is!
To top this.....start the car its fine, drive for however long, did 10 minutes as a 2nd test, but as soon as you go over 3000rpm the battery line comes on and stays on!!! I can move the front wiper manually by hand but the rear one wont budge so im thinking maybe thats siezed solid but then surely it would have taken a fuse? or maybe not as the fuse is overated and then because of the extra load at 3000rpm the alternator cant send anough back because the rear wipers going hnggggggggggg and so the light comes on?
who knows, damm french!!! going to go outside with a multimeter and test each fuse one by one, if they are fine disconnect the rear wiper motor later on
Update: all fuses are fine. Took the plug off the rear wiper and no difference. Thats getting power when the wipers turned on but it doesnt turn or anything so it cant be the rear one siezed and killing the system as i tried it disconnected. Cant get to front one without removing bits.
Now the blower hasnt worked for a while but I can live with that, cant really without wipers
--------------------
anyone got any suggestions, wondering if it could be an earthing connection thats come loose so its not seeing enough power to do the wipers and radio etc and why the battery light comes on at 3000rpm. Presuming that theres multiple earth connections as all the lights etc still work fine