Replacing the front bumper

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

tonyb1
My Cars:

Replacing the front bumper

Post by tonyb1 »

Can anyone tell me if it's a hard job to replace a front bumper (Xantia LX 1.9TD (M). I know where I can get one but don't know whether I can do it, was going to do a bit of stripping on my one to see for myself but I don't want to untill I ask the forum, don't want to end up with a completely knackered bumper! Cheers.
TheWorker
My Cars:

Post by TheWorker »

four 13mm bolts, three 10mm's and some screws. the 10s are at the bottom, two 13s hold the sides up and two hold large clips at the front. i would suggest you take off the 'doner' bumper first as the captive bits on the side rust alot and you may find yourself cutting the bolt head off or pulling your hair out. once thats done and you find it dont just pull off with a genle tug, the front bolts are dead awkward, one is behind the washer bottle which requires multiple arm joints but the other side i think is only blocked by a big wire loom.
have fun!!!
KevMayer
My Cars:

Post by KevMayer »

My front bumper came off. I was reversing in a carpark. the front end came around fast as I was going backwards and it caught on a post. The whole bumper came off. Just held on by two screws underneath.
I managed to push it back up and locate. Then limped home at 30 mph.
If you have front fogs, you can get to screws once the fogs are removed. Then some fixings inside the wings under the liners.
All my fixings snapped, so, the bumper is held on by temporary bolts and plates. It looks ok, so I've had it like this for a year now. May get a new one some day.
tonyb1
My Cars:

Post by tonyb1 »

Thanks guys, looks safe enough to give it a go then! Cheers.