Saxo PAS pump

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Saxo PAS pump

Post by RichardW »

The PAS pump on my colleague's Saxo (98 1.1) has finally packed up properly (after a year of clonking it to get it back into life occasionally). Hmm, first cold morning we've had - coincidence???
I see a new one is £235 + VAT even from GSF[:0] - anybody know if it's possible to re-brush it (seems most likely cause as it would come back to life with a bit of clonking previousl)? Also any tips on getting the pump out - as I understand it's pretty inaccesible[8)]
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

i tried to find somewhere to re brush mine aswell after doing the same thing for months so i stripped it myself to have a look,found that there was plenty of meat left on the brushes & that they must just have been sticking due to the heavy build up of carbon dust,gave it a good clean up,freed off the brushes & put coppaslip on the sides of the brushes & its been fine for months.
if you are going to strip the motor you have to carefully prise off the end cap where the wires go in & when re fitting the lugs have to be peined back over with a hammer & punch.
removal of the motor is easy,remove the two rubber pipes (remember something to catch the old fluid) & 1 metal one,unplug motor,the bracket is held on by 2 13mm bolts (remove the complete bracket then swap over once you have the pump off),acsess is no to bad.