bx rear sphere

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

bulldog7274
My Cars:

bx rear sphere

Post by bulldog7274 »

Can anyone out there tell me how easy it is to replace the rear rear sphere on a bx 1.9 diesle. i have resonable knoleg of engineering unlike my spelling as you can tell[:)]. Thanks for any help[:D]
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

Not a problem mate, have a scroll around on this page & you'll find a couple of good write ups on the subject; one by me and one by Dave Woollard.
Any further probs just ask as we should be able to sort you out OK on it.
It's not a hard job but don't try to do it without some gear if they haven't been done for a while.
I understand that Pleiades hire a removal tool that is not expensive and worth the effort to make life much easier if used in conjunction with the tips on this site.
http://www.woollard.com.btinternet.co.u ... ad.htm#ABS
Alan S
bulldog7274
My Cars:

Post by bulldog7274 »

cheers for that bit of advice. just a couple more questions when you replace the spheres howtight do they need to be and how much lhm will i need to replace as i am a virgin to these cars[:I] only got mine on sat 11th september this year after glowing reports from my mate. besides the spheres ive only got to do oil change and timing belt. yippee[:D]. so far cant fault the car and neither have my two daughters. oh yes is £200 a good price for a j plate diesle with 107 thousand on the clock. Cheers once again[8D]
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

How much LHM will depend on how flat the spheres are but it shouldn't be much whatever state they are- just have a litre handy- you won't need it all, however.
The spheres only need to be hand tight- about as tight as an oil filter: don't use any tools to tighten them or you wo'nt get them off again!
Price is fine-£200.00 is about the going rate and as much as I would pay for a 13 yr old car, no matter what it is, but you wait until you start on the cam-belt, not technically difficult, especially if you have done belts before, but it does help if you have mutant hands with 7 superstrong 5mm thick quad jointed fingers on each!!!
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Problem with over tightening new spheres is not to get them off again [;)]
- the real problem is that the O-ring seal will twist and make for a good green panic [xx(]
been there tried it [:(]