Xantia - front ride height -help!!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

davyc

Xantia - front ride height -help!!

Post by davyc »

Sorry if this is old hat but i have a problem with the front ride height that i cant find in past topics. The car responds to the height lever fine but the problem is that the front constantly moves up and down? Even whilst driving! Any suggestions cos' its really pissing the wife off now and i need to sort it! -Thanks
davyc

Post by davyc »

Today i have discovered that it doesnt happen when the ride height is set to max?! Any advice
mucky

Post by mucky »

I just had the same problem at the back end. It was the height controler. Have a look for a clamp around the roll bar or near it will have a plastic conection to a hydraulic unit. Either the plastic is broken / lost (£1.00 dealership part) or the arm will be broken (18.00 dealership part). Look in haynes manual its in there.
mucky

Post by mucky »

I just had the same problem at the back end. It was the height controler. Have a look for a clamp around the roll bar or near it will have a plastic conection to a hydraulic unit. Either the plastic is broken / lost (£1.00 dealership part) or the arm will be broken (18.00 dealership part). Look in haynes manual its in there.
davyc

Post by davyc »

Cheers mate - will have a look when i get a chance.
davek-uk
My Cars:

Post by davek-uk »

I used to have the problem of up and down movement. It used to happen after I had parked (hard steering often 'pumps' the front up) and the nose dropped. It would cycle 3 secs down, 3 secs up, 3 secs down etc. I have solved this by lubricating the front struts. I reckon it was getting stuck up, loosing pressure to try to get the hight correct, then freeing and falling too low, sticking low and building pressure to up the height then freeing and wizzing too high. It used to be quite an eyesore after I had parked! All gone now but I'm convinced it was the struts sticking.