Jon, is the Xsara growing on you then?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Jon

Post by Jon »

Ok, without use of the Forceps, I managed to remove the infamous red connector! The method I used was to cable tie the oil breather hose to one side to one of the metal injector pipes, then then used a screwdriver which I'd bent round at one end in the vice, to get the clip from behind, after a bit of wiggling and persuasion the connector finally released! No real problems in plugging red into yellow, then fitting the red connector to sensor, and there was enough cable to mount tuning box in the battery box, where it can keep dry, and its completely hidden by a plastic cover. Anyone would have to look long and hard to discover it as I also placed the box in a small black plastic bag.
Car started and ran fine, went out on road test, and drove gently to let engine warm up before testing the "performance" It was immediately obvious there was loads more torque going up the hill from my house as it went up quite happily in 3rd with little throttle.
And when the chance came to see how it went, wow! Plenty quick! Feels a bit like a BX GTi. Power and plenty of it all the way to the red line.
Lots of hassle to do, end result well worth it, its a different car. Definately worth £200 quid.(the tuning box, not the Xsara)
[:)][:D]
Seamster15
My Cars:

Post by Seamster15 »

Time to purchase......
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Whay Hey - well done.
Did you twidle with the dial or leave it @ about 15%? I am still wondering whether to crank mine up a little (though fear of clutch failiure and possible cam sensor faults put me off!)
Well pleased with mine, and its a heavier car than the Xsara, so yours must go like the wind....
Be seeing you!
Jon

Post by Jon »

Cheers Marty for your help here, it picked me up when I was at a low ebb!
I just left the adjsutment dial where it was, roughly in the centre, its already quite quick enough for what I use the car for. I was really struck by the way that the car picks up and the rev counter swings demonically to the right, in 2nd accelerating hard the car is torque steering slightly left to right, thats fast for a diesel! The ZX TD could do it but not as much.
Very pleased all told, I'm on "road test" to Birmingham tomorrow, I've got a full tank of fuel, the sunglasses and some hooky Greek B&H.
jono

Post by jono »

So how is the fuel consumption with your Dragon fitted.
Noticed any difference?
Regards
Jono
drpau
My Cars:

Post by drpau »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by jono</i>

So how is the fuel consumption with your Dragon fitted.
Noticed any difference?
Regards
Jono
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
thats a QUESTION i WOULD BE INTERESTED IN TOO. i SEE (oops caps locK) on that mrhoot.com they are £250, I think for an extra £55 it might be better getting an upsolute remap or something. does anyone know if the dragon box makes the turbo spin harder to give more boost or is the fuelling just incresed by this little box of tricks?
CHeers
Paul