Angry so very angry!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

pazauk
My Cars:

Angry so very angry!

Post by pazauk »

AAARRRRRRRRRRRR had the xantia 2.1td in for a cam belt change for £174 at the local pug! phoned me this afternoon my water pumps leaking, "damn i need the car tomorrow my girl friends work and a wedding on sat". "oh thats okay we can get it done tomorrow". okay i said how much. £175 for a pump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so thats £475 all in [:(!][:(!][:(!] was not impressed had me over a barell and i was getting shafted big time! had no choise but to get them to do it feel so angry next time going to do it myself
Jon

Post by Jon »

Was the pump gold plated? Only £32.50 + vat from GSF.
But, at this stage I'm sure that you DON't want to hear that.
Sorry.
noz
My Cars:

Post by noz »

paz,
Time to name and shame I think. No point letting another member succumb to the same con.
cheers
noz[8D]
pazauk
My Cars:

Post by pazauk »

Yeah i know that but i needed the car back if my gril friend did not want the car for work on friday and we did not have the wedding on sat then i'd get it from gsf and get them to fit it.
pazauk
My Cars:

Post by pazauk »

And on top of all of that got the front disc's to change,front pads,front flex brake hoses, front tyres and the oil and filter to do (got all them parts from GFS) oh and the LHM to drain clean the filters and re-fill just wish i hand not sold my audi! not a single problem with that car in 5 years!!!!
pazauk
My Cars:

Post by pazauk »

It was a pug garage in TELFORD in shropshire on the holyhead road! next to the shell stay clear, lol and the sad thing is a mate at work i was talking to wish i'd talked to him before trading standards have done this place twice before for not changeing parts and using old ones! must be trying to fob people off with problems they dont have now, going for there hat trick
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

I know this dealer in Telford got some mates at the wifes works who hvae told me about there shonky practice'es [V]. One mate bought new a 206 estate from them and the CD changer wasn't working on picking it up "that'll be the code needs to be inputted due to the battery being off in the show room" ok then carry on say my mate "thats £10 then please sir"
Hang on the car's still on the fore court with 1 mile on the clock and you want a tenner for a problem you made "yes sir" guess what.. no code in the owners pack as it would be in "the post". Needless to say as a solicitor he quotes trading standards and didn't pay the money. The dealer refused to re-code so he went to another Pug dealer who sorted for free. It aint the first time they've been looked at.
ralph
My Cars:

Post by ralph »

PazaUK - why not give Trading Standards a phone and get some advice?
When you pick the car up, ask for a full breakdown of costs, demand to see the manager etc etc, theaten legal action/local newspaper/trading standards (whichever you think will get a result).
If you cause enough fuss, they'll probably reduce your bill just to get rid of you.
In the words of Public Enemy's Chuck D: "Fight the power".
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Demand to see the old water pump, too. After all, if you kept a concientious eye on your water level, you would know if it was leaking. A word with another garage to get list price on the part would be instructive together with an Email to Pug customer services.
pazauk
My Cars:

Post by pazauk »

Got a price on the water pump from citroen just down the road and there price was about the same £175 but its still alot more then £35 from GFS i'll get the car back today i'll give trading standards a ring and i'm going to make shoure i get the old water pump back.
pazauk
My Cars:

Post by pazauk »

The water level has been fine only changed the coolent a few months back and been keeping my eye on it.
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

Looks like I should get the spanners out again, at those prices I could drive down, fit the parts, stay in a hotel etc etc
Stewart
pazauk
My Cars:

Post by pazauk »

More news the cars not going to be ready till tues now lol the part that they ordered have not arrived and the "cheeper" one the gaskets diffrent so they dont want to risk it going to have to have courtesy car off them.
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

you should tell them where to stick it, get the car back to your place and fix it yourself with a gsf part and for the wedding tommorow rent a car for £50 or something for the day. Work out cheaper than having them put their water pump in
pazauk
My Cars:

Post by pazauk »

got the total cost of the work £674 feel ill, if i was going to get the car back i've still got to pay them for the time so far get a tow and the cam belts not on so it's got to be on a flat bed or something like that and then get the part and do it myself, If anyones reading this DO NOT GET A MAIN dealer to do any work on your car if you do pull your pants down and get ready for a damn good seeing to! i'll never trust one again ever!!!.