cam belt part2

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

pazauk
My Cars:

cam belt part2

Post by pazauk »

Posted - 23 Aug 2004 : 22:45:16
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is it a must to do the tensioner at the same time? citroen and pug say its not a must, also does anyone know about the auto tensioner on the aux belt think mine may be getting weak got the erratic tensioner on max but its still a little loose, is there a spring on is it run from engine pressure? theres not much in the haynes about it does anyone know? getting the cam belt done at pug this thurs £174 citroen wanted £315 what a rip off!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
pazauk
Mosser
My Cars:

Post by Mosser »

the aux drive belt has to come off to fit the new cam belt so you might as well fork over the extra tenner to get it changed, the belt has probably streched a little, or you might have the wrong one on it, there is a belt that is just a few mm longer that the proper one (think its for the air con model??) and the erratic tensioner is an eccentric tensioner !!! lol !,
Its difficult to tell if the tensioner needs changing till its off and you've had a look at it, but for the price and peace of mind, i would certainly change it if i was doing the job