Xantia temprature.....

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

paranoid
My Cars:

Xantia temprature.....

Post by paranoid »

97 Xantia td with air-con
Heater is either hot or cold, Everything before 22 on the scale is cold averything after is red hot, this is the same whether on auto or manually speeds 1-4, have tried blowing sensor behind alarm LED made no difference, Has anybody got any ideas!!!!
Stempy
My Cars: C5 V6 Mk1 assainated by wife
Renault Kangoo 1.6 auto, tarted up and remapped
Still missing the Xantia V6
Not missing the AX

Post by Stempy »

Can you hear the sensor fan running?
paranoid
My Cars:

Post by paranoid »

Yes
alexx
My Cars:

Post by alexx »

Blower speed, whether set manually or left on Auto, doesn't directly affect temperature of the air coming from the a/c.
It could be also a poor electrical connection with some of the sensors. It's not only the one on the dash, but also inlet temp. sensor, sensor on the evaporator, and two output temperature sensors (on the vents and to the footwell).
paranoid
My Cars:

Post by paranoid »

Sorry if I was unclear, this is with air con off.
alexx
My Cars:

Post by alexx »

Doesn't matter. Temperature regulation works the same way with a/c on or off. It just try to keep the temperature, set on the scale (in fact, it's about 2 deg. C above that on mine), varying temperature of the air coming from the vents (and speed of blower, if set to Auto).
paranoid
My Cars:

Post by paranoid »

A long shot but.....
I did put my own cd player in a soon as I bought the car (nearly a year) and it does get very warm and it is close to the sensor, maybe a factor?
Stempy
My Cars: C5 V6 Mk1 assainated by wife
Renault Kangoo 1.6 auto, tarted up and remapped
Still missing the Xantia V6
Not missing the AX

Post by Stempy »

If you have access to some freezer spray you could try squirting a bit down the cabin sensor hole to see if that affects the temperature output.
alexx
My Cars:

Post by alexx »

I don't believe that CD player has any affect here - they all get quite hot when switched on. The dashboard also gets very hot when you leave the car on the summer sun, but this doesn't affect temperature control either. Sensor isn't in thermal contact with the dashboard (except via its 2 wires). But it is possible that you disturbed some wiring when you mounted the player.
As Stempy said, try cooling (or warming) the sensor and see if the regulation reacts. You should hear mixing flap motor spinning (at least on mine I can hear it) within 10 s or so.
Ask in local Citroen garage if there is some diagnostic device for this. Tracing the problem would be much easier that way.