c5 cutting out

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

tech head
My Cars:

c5 cutting out

Post by tech head »

I have recently bought a 03 plate c5 hpi exclusive,it,s my first citroen and i love it.But recently it has developed an intermittant cutting out problem when backing off the throttle/slowing down coming up to junctions/islands etc. The car has been to my local dealer they had the car twice and did not experience the fault,on the third occasion it happened to cut out on them,they have since carried out a download(allegedly),fitted a new upstream lambda sensor and injectors,but the problem persists.They now have a electronic throttle unit+spark plugs on order(to be fitted august31st.has anyone come across this problem or know anything about this engine ? thanks techhead
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

does the engine management light come on ? do you know if there were any fault codes & what they were ?
the engine wasnt really a sucess & i dont think they even use it any more.
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Sorry for this. But I'm not to sure about the engine in this C5. Is it petrol or diesel? If petrol your post is giving all the signs of a duff MAP sensor. Again I'm not too sure if the C5 has one, but if so track it down and remove from the car and give it a good old clean out (but not with carb cleaner as to harsh). The MAP sensor can become full of oil vapour and when warm will stop the timy diaphram in side telling the ECU the load on the engine. You can do a search on this site under MAP sensor, it'll pop up.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

its a high pressure direct injection petrol engine but the injection system is totally different to anything you have probably seen before.it still has a MAP sensor but its located in the brake servo so there is unlikely to be any oil in it.
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Good thinking there then on the pat of the designers. MAP sensors have for years been put in the vacume part of the injection system hence the oil vapour. Spoke to a mate of mine last night who worked for Renault he sujested that it was the injectors but you say these have been changed.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

im thinking more along the lines of the high pressure fuel pump on the end of the camshaft.
MW
My Cars:

Post by MW »

Always ask the stupid questions first. Is the filler cap airhole blocked?
tech head
My Cars:

Post by tech head »

sorry its took so long to get back to folks dont have to much time on the net,they have now stopped producing this engine apparantly customers were used as guinea pigs to test this engine i have since found out from a citroen tech. He said they are a load of sh*te and nothing but trouble which does not help me one bit,i have checked the filler cap all ok and asked the dealer about the high pressure pump but they say they have to go on what citroen say they can fit as they have little imformation about this engine either.(they also fitted this engine in pug 406) wait to see what throttle housing does thanks for your suggestions folks
tech head