Poly bushes

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

rashmore

Poly bushes

Post by rashmore »

Has anyone tried Poly bushes- Are they as good as is made out ?
As with most things presumably we have to look at 306 ?
Cheers
rashmore

Post by rashmore »

Apparently Powerflex say that they r not the same as 306.....
Jon

Post by Jon »

Are we talking front arm bushes? If so I can 100% confirm that 306 uses exactly same front arm bushes as ZX. Only ones that are different are 306 HDi, and 306 2.0 16v, they use bigger ones.
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

does that imply the zx 16v uses the same bushes as the 306 s16 and hdi ?
Jon

Post by Jon »

Darren
This is where it gets complicated.......Citroen don't sell the front arm bush and P bush on their own for the ZX, they only offer a built arm front arm minus balljoint. I checked, and if I look at a left hand arm for a ZX 16v its Cit 3521E4 whereas for a ZX D/TD (common model) they list the arm as 3521E8. GSF and Peugeot sell the bushes seperately from the arm, as I mentioned the 306 2.0 16v ones are different.
I think, the only way around this one is to measure standard ZX/306 front arm bushes on the shelf, compare to the 306 2.0 16v, give the measurements, then you'll have to compare these to whats on your ZX. I can't think of any other way.
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

heh good old citroen. No worries, mine are shot but so is the rest of the car so wont be replacing them but was just curious. I dont suppose you know if the actualy front shocks and top bearings are the same on the zx 16v and any 306's as mine are quite new so will be looking to sell them when i break the car next year. If they go on a 306 as well then it vastly opens up the amount of people that may want to buy them
cheers
Jon

Post by Jon »

Your lucks in with the front shocks, ZX 16v ones also fit Xsara 2.0 16v XU10J4RS, and 306 2.0 8v/16v. Dunno about the bearings.
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

ah cool thanks for that
rashmore

Post by rashmore »

Was looking at all round replacement of bushes, but if the front are the same as 306 then thats opened another window of opportunity.
Have to have a word with powerflex and deflex, as one of them defo said not the same - maybe they were thinking rear ?
Quote from Smartcar via email -
No listing on ZX - if your asumption is correct have based parts on 306.
1. Powerflex bushes front kit (not incl engine mounts) at £29.95.
2. Rear kit at £12.86.
Cheers
Scottie
My Cars:

Post by Scottie »

poly bushes are very harsh for day to day road use!!! If you have uprated suspension or and driving on alot of sub standard b roads they are nearly unbearable!
rashmore

Post by rashmore »

When u say harsh, how harsh is harsh. I do have to travel on some appalling road surfaces to work, or suffer sleeping policemen. the council have recently re-surfaced one 'alternative route' and made it even worse.....my mud flaps ground out the road undulates that much.
Maybe look at just revitalising the suspension etc to stiffen the old girl up a bit. Thinking poly's would be a quick way to improve handling as opposed to susp upgrade....