xm pressure loss

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mark bodsworth
My Cars:

xm pressure loss

Post by mark bodsworth »

I have found that when raising or lowering the suspension the diplays comes up with the warning message "low pressure". Is this normal when carying out this operation. The lhm levels seem to be fine the thing odd is that the car takes a while to lift and then a while to lower again? Any ideas, is it just paranoia.
Cheers again Mark
Mosser
My Cars:

Post by Mosser »

I would say its normal, my XM always did it when i was raising or lowering, i think it is because it uses up the reserve pressure in the accumulator sphere when it wants to lift the car and the pump cant resupply it quickly enough,
Another annoying thing i found with my XM was that if you wanted to do a really quick 3 point turn in the middle of the road, the powered steering would run out of pressure after 2 points of the turn!!, it always did this and the garage told me that the pump just wasnt designed to be powerfull enough to keep up with vigourus steering inputs like 3 point turns
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Dry out in powersteering ??
- that I could understand on a CX or SM, which have a special acc sphere exactly for this function.
But on the XM you have the constant pump feed (no acc sphere) which can not run dry ?? - in theory that is [;)]
In fact this part of the hydraulic system would be no different than a standard servo on any other car.
Mosser
My Cars:

Post by Mosser »

I have noticed in in my Xantia i now have too, its nowhere near as bad as the XM was, but the assistance tails off after the second point of the turn
Maybe i just do my 3 point turns too fast ???
Paulxmski
My Cars:

Post by Paulxmski »

I don't think the low pressure message is normal. I have 2xms' and I've never had this message displayed. Delays in rising and falling seem pretty normal. Mine have always been slow the latest one has new everything and it's still pretty slow especially from cold. The old one had a massive leak from the steering ram at one time and small leak from pinion but still no message, and you needed to be a weight lifter to move the steering when it was low on green slime.