What is hydraflush?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

nick
My Cars:

What is hydraflush?

Post by nick »

The reason I ask is because at the weekend I used some 'Hydraflush Super' which I'd bought from Pleiades some time ago, and it looks and smells suspiciously like LHM mixed with petrol. There's certainly a definite petrol smell to it anyway.
Is this likely to be the case, or is there some secret ingredient in it ?
Regards,
Nick
TheWorker
My Cars:

Post by TheWorker »

i suppose it would be like a kind of degreaser for the pipes but with an oilyness to it so the pump doesnt sieze. when you take the filters out and there all black,some of it may still get through so you run it with the hydroflush for a few miles then change it to normal LHM. theres a bottle of it at work but the instructions aint english so i could be wrong
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by TheWorker</i>

... so you run it with the hydroflush for a few miles ... <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
- that would be 2000-3000 miles.
TheWorker
My Cars:

Post by TheWorker »

like i sed anders, the instructions aint english
uhn113x
My Cars: 1981 Dyane - on road all year round.
1982 GSA Pallas - on road April - September.
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

The only ones I have come across are Hydraflush and Hydraurinçage - both are used in the same way - leave in for 1000-2000 miles, change for LHM and clean filters; you may find that some of the crud has ended up in height correctors, so you may have to strip and clean these.