aircon

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mark bodsworth
My Cars:

aircon

Post by mark bodsworth »

Hi all
I am in the process of striping an aircon system out of an identical xm to mine. The bonnet area was simple enough to remove and should be the same to put back, the problem is the electrics. I am going from an auto electric 3 dial type to a digital climate control type. Would there be provision for this within the present wiring loom or am I going to have to remove all this as well? the car is a se2 2.o ct turbo .
cheers mark
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Pull the whole loom. The likelihood is that there will be substantial differences as those of us who have done conversions will testify. Ideally, you should get the wiring diagrams of both cars. If there is a fair degree of difference, I'll probably be able to fathom it out for you if I have sight of the diagrams.
crooser

Post by crooser »

don't forget to get any motors that control the ducting and flaps,there won't be any control cables from the dash with the digital controls.
mark bodsworth
My Cars:

Post by mark bodsworth »

cheers guys
any help is welcome. I probably wont know if theres any problems until i pull my car to bits
mark
Mosser
My Cars:

Post by Mosser »

and dont forget the solar temperature sensor under the bulge right up near the windscreen in the centre of the dash, and the other interior sensor in the headlining that has a little motor that blows cabin air over it, the aircon needs both of these to work correctly
Not sure if you need the other temperature sensor for the aircon that is in the nearside wingmirror ?
mark bodsworth
My Cars:

Post by mark bodsworth »

cheers for replies
Aniother question, the heater matrix and attached units are the principally the same for ac and non ac modals? In other words will i get away with just fitting the motor units to my present setup for the recirc etc or will i have to swap the whole system ( matrix, blower , blower housing, box behind the matrix).
cheers mark
DLM
My Cars:

Post by DLM »

Erm.... not if it's anything like the BX - but have a look at the parts lists.
mark bodsworth
My Cars:

Post by mark bodsworth »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by mark bodsworth</i>

cheers for replies
Aniother question, the heater matrix and attached units are the principally the same for ac and non ac modals?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
(I mean are they)