zx stereo connections

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

pop

zx stereo connections

Post by pop »

Ok buying a sony head unit and have the face plate adapter to put it in. So the sony has a standard ISO connector input, so does my Zx have a male ISO connector for easy fit or do I have to get an adaptor. Ps will the arial fit with out any probs.
sooty
My Cars:

Post by sooty »

My ZX had ISO connections for my Panasonic, but I think you may need a coverter lead for the aerial, to convert from a female connection to a male connection from any radio shop or Halfords.
Dave40
My Cars:

Post by Dave40 »

Both my ZXs have had ISO connections 93 Reflex and 95 Avantage so no connection problems.
My Kenwood unit came with an aerial converter, the only problem was getting the cable to stay attached as the Citroen item is quite stiff and reluctant to take on a new position which tries your patience when the connector is on the rear left of the new unit (looking from the front).
Good Luck.
NiSk
My Cars:

Post by NiSk »

I have just fitted a new CD/MP3 player to my daughters '92 ZX Aura 1.8 and it had a standard ISO connection that plugged straight into the head unit.
//NiSk
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

My old ZX TD 94 reg has no trouble with a Sony unit. Just fitted straight in. Facia adaptor from Citroen £8.50 inc VAT. [:D] Those aerial adaptors are only a couple of quid aswell.