Spheres

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

user_3150
New User
My Cars: This is a dummy account added to fix some orphan posts.

Spheres

Post by user_3150 »

Morning everyone, I have just replaced the rear sphere's on my Xantia so now I've done all six. I can't believe what a diffrence it has made and not really that much of a job. Just a quick question to ask the rear still sinks slightly when engine is off. Is this because it's an estate (2000 model). There are no leak's and the ride, brakes steering are perfect.
Robin
My Cars:

Post by Robin »

Morning Alec, sad this one at this hour[|)] should still be in bed!!
How much does it sink? My estate settles a bit, just a few millimeters but that is usually after the dog has got out and he weighs in at 50kgs. It usually drops a little once the brakes have been released after stopping and then picks up. All of this really indicates that the rear height corrector and accumulator sphere is doing it's bit.
alexx
My Cars:

Post by alexx »

It's normal for rear end to sink a bit (mine 1-1.5 cm within about an hour), because this in fact activates anti-sink valves.
paranoid
My Cars:

Post by paranoid »

Mine also sinks about an inch when left, its also the reason I always crack my head on the corner of the tailgate when putting the shopping in.
user_3150
New User

Post by user_3150 »

That sounds about the same as mine (about 2cm ) cheers for the replies. I have also noticed since that the brakes are a bit spongey any ideas anyone?
user_3150
New User

Post by user_3150 »

Hi Paranoid just seen your post after posting my post any idea on the brakes?
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

Before i had the rear height corrector done,mine always sat lower on the back,and sank down to the mudflaps.After it was done,it sat perfect & sat level when i turned the engine off.But sinks about an inch over night,as above.
user_3150
New User

Post by user_3150 »

I've just read yours as well Neil.
paranoid
My Cars:

Post by paranoid »

When I bled brakes after changing fluid to hydraclean there was a lot of air at each corner, I had recently changed all the spheres (All duff) I think I read somewhere that nitrogen can leak into fluid from the spheres, They were defintely better after but got a lot better after replacing cleaner for Straight LHM, this may be a combination of a good cleanout and another bleed. I gave the brakes a checkover as well (clean coppergrease etc) and this gave a nice response.
Has the accum sphere been changed recently I have read this can give changeable brakes if its on the way out. Other members may be able to help.[:)]
user_3150
New User

Post by user_3150 »

Yeah I did the front 3 about 2 months ago.
paranoid
My Cars:

Post by paranoid »

Did you bleed the brakes? I didn't, When I eventualy did after doing the fluid (twice, don't ask) The change was remarkable should have done as Anders and other said[:I]
user_3150
New User

Post by user_3150 »

No I haven't bled the brakes but I need to change the front disk's so I will bleed them at the same time. Cheers for all the help.