Xantia 1.9td-Creaks and Groans -embarassing

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mpr1956
My Cars:

Post by mpr1956 »

Hi there, I diy'd my own rear arm bearings on the drive in an afternoon with a fairly standard tool kit.. search for the method here on the site. Never mind the noise, -you'll be amazed at the improvement in ride quality !! Buy a repair kit for each side and use ALL the parts Problems could be..
1. Rear arms just too damaged by the knackered bearings to be reconditionable. (some indy's just weld and re-machine the arm!)
2. Seized caliper bolts that snap off
But these are standard kinds of problems that could happen on any diy job, so what have you got to lose?
Immatoity

Post by Immatoity »

Hi Lads...cheers for reply... but I can't use the search facility as my work firewall bans it for some reason ,but lets me merrily post on here!!
Could someone kindly put a link in this thread for me?
Also, where do I buy the repair kit.?
Immatoity

Post by Immatoity »

Anyone put the link up for me please???
And is the repair kit the one advertised as BX Repair Kit on the GSF site?
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by tonyb1</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by np</i>

Early Xantia`s didn`t have anti sink.If i could find my book of lies i would tell you the year.Around 1995 i think.Later models had the anti sink valve fitted.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Yep, you're right NP, mine sinks like a guddun when I switch off - 1994, no antisink [:)]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
My Dad's 1994 Xantia 2.0i SX has anti-sink valves, so it must have been sometime during '94 that they were introduced, not 95. (I think his car is October or November)
Anyway, even without anti-sink it should still stay up a couple of hours if the system is in good condition. My 20 year old GS used to stay up about 5 hours at the back and 2 hours at the front, without the help of anti-sink valves, which didn't exist back then of course [:)]
(Thank god too, as the GS had a puny little one piston pump that took FOREVER to pump the car up from fully depressurized)
Regards,
Simon
Immatoity

Post by Immatoity »

???? errm ok but I am still kindly asking the same 2 questions... I cannot search the forum due to Firewall, so need someone to put the link up for me?