How to make Parts unavailable

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Jon

How to make Parts unavailable

Post by Jon »

Fancy a new HP pump for your BX? Why not check the latest price with your local dealer?
HP Pump BX 16/19 Petrol 95589236 £1728.51 + VAT.
HP Pump BX all Diesels 95589238 £1118.47 + VAT.
They used to be around £300.
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

I am not surprised. Asking for a foot of window seal to find it was £82 alerted me to the fact that Citroen UK want the BX killed off.
Daniel B
My Cars:

Post by Daniel B »

Surely that's a mictake - over £2000 for an HP Pump?
Please tell me that's a mistake.....?
If it isn't, are they reconditionable? (made up word)
Dan
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

You would have thought that they would knock them out at about £100 to £150 each just to get rid of them and make a bit at the same time, rather than put them up at nearly two grand and then be stuck with a huge pile taking up space, and then have to crush them all..grrrrrrr....
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Well [:D]
What Jon did'nt mention was that GSF stock these (recon) pumps at 1/10 the price tags above [8D]
Jon

Post by Jon »

True, you would have to be pretty silly paying nearly £2000 for a BX HP pump. I think its a move from Citroen to basically make these things unobtainable. I also noticed that BX Flow Distribution valves are now £485.37, theres no justification for this. Lots of XM hydraulic stuff has also now got crazy prices.
The good news is of course that HP pumps, Pinion Valves, Flow Valves and the like can be reconditioned and sold for "sensible" money.
ItDontGo
My Cars:

Post by ItDontGo »

It would be cheaper to get NASA to design and build you one.
paranoid
My Cars:

Post by paranoid »

The really sad thing is that theres a few old fellas still running BX's who only use dealers, they are going to get stung silly, seen it before when I ran a Old shape rover 213 (84 model) just before the swoopy shape became common even filters were silly prices. Needed a coil urgent could get them dealer only £230 but I know for a fact a year before they were £150 (fitted one to customers car) Really Really winds me up, cannot understand there thinking, [V]
Really Really am gratefull for GSF[:D]
Paulxmski
My Cars:

Post by Paulxmski »

Anyone notice a pair of NEW rear suspension strut units for an XM went for £30 yes £30 today on e-bay:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 2485603278 so parts are out there and should be grabbed!!
Paulxmski
My Cars:

Post by Paulxmski »

Brand new Diesal??(diesel me thinks) lift pump diesel priming pump for a BX in Whitstable £1.20 12 hrs to go
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 66610&rd=1
Paulxmski
My Cars:

Post by Paulxmski »

Brand new BX fuel Pump for BX 16 19 82-89 £6.99 21.37hrs to go and currently no bids as of 05082214 in Enfield N London
DLM
My Cars:

Post by DLM »

This will be bad news for the people that paranoid refers to. I recently had a very civilised discussion with a local Citroen dealer about parts prices (some very reasonable), and their point of view was that they have customers who still love their BXs and both parties are happy to maintain them.
However, that'll all change if this is the way forward. It makes house price inflation look like chickenfeed. Aren't we at a watershed point for the BX anyway, as far as parts go? It's ten years since production ceased, and I seem to recall that a manufacturer's obligation to provide spares ceases round about that time. Can anyone enlighten me?
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Yes, this is true. The BX is no longer supported by Citroen. So that's a result then.