2CV X 4

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

2CV X 4

Post by alan s »

Here's a rare one for Citroenphiles to ponder over.
Anybody feeling lucky enough to bid?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... egory=6183
Alan S
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

The wife has had a look and recon'd it would be rubbish for any female as "no where for your shopping,". Top looking motor though. I've been tinckling with the idea of getting a 2CV just for fun and messing about with, but the wife ain't so keen.
Paulxmski
My Cars:

Post by Paulxmski »

That's a real beaut isn't it. I had dealings with at least three of these cars in the past and they're great fun to drive only trouble is they're so flimsy. I was helping a girl to put a battery back in her Dyanne and the n/s wing just dented from resting my arm on it bfore stickin the battery back in the cradle. Another girl had one and she kept forgetting to brake and hit the car in front on two occasions. First time wasn't too bad managed to starighten it all out and bolt it all back together, but second time it just finished it off all together. I couldn't even pull it straight with my two and half ton puller. Also sister in law could not understand the gearbox at all and came home in a paroxym of tears and recrims. I couldn't appreciate that because I found you could change gear almost anyway you liked even without using the clutch?? But there is definitely something very attractive about the early ones maybe because I'm a just post war baby it reminds me of the anson shelter they used to keep the pigs in down the bottom of our allotment! Anyone see the film "Lost Weekend" By Jean Luc Godard. That told me a lot about 2CV's and one thing is tomake sure your wearing your complete motorbike gear including crash helmet, because in a crash at any speed it's straight out through the canvas!!!