Niggle of a problem

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

rossnunn
My Cars:

Niggle of a problem

Post by rossnunn »

Why is it on some ZX you can close the electric windows & doors without the ingnition on, but with a door open & on some you can't?
Is it just a relay differance?
I had this on my white ZX and found it really handy, but on my Elation it doesnt.
Cheers
R
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

As for the elec windows the difference is a relay, controlled by the ignition key, or this relay (contacts) replaced by a piece of heavy wiring.
You should find this relay in the fuse/junction box. Can then simply be removed, and the relay contacts terminals replaced by a piece of heavy wiring. Would then have a constant +12Vfeed, but still be protected by it's own circuit fuse.
Dont know for sure on the locks
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

sorry yeh I ment windows & sunroof - don't know why I said doors!! lol,
But why then, with the doors closed & ignition off they never used to work, it was almost like it was controled through the door light switch.
I was wondering down the same lines as you (i.e to do with the relay) but more along the thought of, maybe there is two types of relay, one has more contacts than the other, to enable the windows to work?
oscarloco
My Cars:

Post by oscarloco »

There is a small microswitch in the door that controls the power to the windows. You can hear the relay click if you open the door and listen carefully.
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

oh right, I'll have a look.
Cheers