NO scrap yard - SOLD to Mosser

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

debutant
My Cars:

NO scrap yard - SOLD to Mosser

Post by debutant »

I currently have my car up for sale (due to company car ... don't even ask which one!)
I give it another 2 weeks and if nobody wants it I will have to scrap it!
You guys on here do know what its worth AND what you want to give for it (even just for spare parts). For example, the steppermotor was replaced 5 months ago, etc.
Give me an offer please! I have this on the "for sale/wanted" forum as well, but that one is not visited that much!
A crate of Fosters on top if you take the car of me [^]
The link to the "for sale/wanted" forum topic is:
http://www.andyspares.com/discussionfor ... IC_ID=8263
Thanks guys/girls
John[:)]
Mosser
My Cars:

Post by Mosser »

I recon your best off putting it on ebay, you should easily get £750 for it there, but there's quite a few dodgy bidders around that have no intention of paying for things they bid on so it can be a bit of a headache managing the auctions,
I would have offered you money for it but as my wife has twins on the way i cant afford it, we need all the money we have and more at the moment :(
debutant
My Cars:

Post by debutant »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Mosser</i>

I recon your best off putting it on ebay, you should easily get £750 for it there, but there's quite a few dodgy bidders around that have no intention of paying for things they bid on so it can be a bit of a headache managing the auctions,
I would have offered you money for it but as my wife has twins on the way i cant afford it, we need all the money we have and more at the moment :(
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
I don't like ebay at all. To many $%$£%$^ around! If the car is not gone within 3 weeks, I will GIVE it to you! The car is good and certainly will help you driving the newly expected twins around [:)] I know it is hard having kids and coughing up cash!
It's a promise ... if the car is not gone in 3 weeks time, its yours! (but no crate of beer then though .... [:I], you will have to give me one ... a car for say £13.98 at Tesco's ... [B)])
I rather make the car usefull then dumping it on a scrap yard. The car did the job more than perfect for me, so why not pass the car on to someone that can use it! I hate wasting good stuff, so rather give it away ..... lets see in 3 weeks time if it will be yours!
Email me your mobile number by the time and we will discuss the details!
Cheers mate,
John
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

Nice gesture John.
Pity there weren't more in the World like you.
Cheers,
Alan S
Mosser
My Cars:

Post by Mosser »

Wow!!, thanks!, i have just gotta hope that no one wants to buy it in the next 3 weeks then!, i'm sure i can rustle up 3 or 4 crates of beer!,
When i had a Citroen XM 2.5TD exclusive (back in 1997), i bought it ex demo, 2 years old from my local citroen dealer and drove it around for 4 and a half years clocking 320,000 miles in it in total, and i got to know the guy at the citroen service place very well as he was the only one that knew about these cars but he drove an old zx himself as he couldnt afford an XM at the time but he was always saying he was going to get one when he could afford it, when it came to change my car for a newer one, I just gave him the car!!, he was delighted and is probably still running around in it, I havent seen him for about a year, but it had over 400,000 miles on it then and was still going strong,
These were the days when i had a company car budget and could afford to do things like that, with my job change a while back and buying and repairing and running my own car now i almost wish i had kept the XM !!, it was a wonderfull car, the ride was sooo smooth !
debutant
My Cars:

Post by debutant »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Mosser</i>
i got to know the guy at the citroen service place very well as he was the only one that knew about these cars but he drove an old zx himself as he couldnt afford an XM at the time but he was always saying he was going to get one when he could afford it, when it came to change my car for a newer one, I just gave him the car
Ian (Mosser),
This shows I am doing the right thing to the right guy! Lets wrap up this deal up for say £100 (about 5 crates of beer, depending the brand [:0]) If that is too much for you I will settle for the 3 or 4 crates (better not be Tesco brand [xx(]) you offered.
Please email me your details and phone number where and when I can contact you (you have my mobile number and email through the advert on the "for sale/wanted" forum.
Looking forward to hear from you!
Cheers,
John
P.S. when are the twins due?
debutant
My Cars:

Post by debutant »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by alans</i>

Nice gesture John.
Pity there weren't more in the World like you.
Cheers,
Alan S
Thanks for the compliment Alan! Sure they have nice people in Australia[?][?][?][:o)][:o)][:D]
For example ... I think you are one of them, because you would do something like this yourself!
Cheers,
John
Mosser
My Cars:

Post by Mosser »

Hi John,
Many thanks for your kind offer, i'm sure i will be able to enjoy driving your car for many years to come!, I always look after my cars and this one will be no exception
I have emailed you all my details and i look forward to hearing from you
Cheers
Ian
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

Come on John, whats the company car then? :D
Im thinking from your post it must be something german or a ford perhaps and petrol?
adzbaby
My Cars:

Post by adzbaby »

Thats a cracking offer John. As Alan said 'pity there aren't more..'.
Its a great example of the idea of 'what comes around goes around' which is so true, you gotta give to get!!
Its real good to see people not trying squeeze every bloddy penny outta other peeps!
sponix
My Cars:

Post by sponix »

I'll give you 5 crates of beer...!
wonderd

Post by wonderd »

Well guys, I am from Israel, and I must say that even though
(I think) we are considered a warm people, I never had seen or heard of anyone giving away cars of any kind for free and I find it to be very exciting for me just hearing about it.
Maybe the reason is that cars cost a lot more in my country,
for example the 1997 Xantia will cost around 3500 pounds.
BTW, this guy OMRY75 is not very accurate: he cannot import a car unless it's under 24 months on the road or if it's considered antique (no matter how much taxes you are willing to pay), and i think they are right to decide that to prevent from older cars to fill the country up.
wonderd

Post by wonderd »

BTW, omri75, where are you from and what car do you own?
this is the first time I see someone from my country here..
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

Preventing imports just prevents market forces from happening correctly, and makes second hand cars more expensive. Since cheap second hand cars aren't available the cars will have a longer life, meaning the average life of a car is longer, and the average age of a car older.
It is protectionism, cars have to be domestically produced in Israel because they can't be cheaply imported and it makes it worthwhile for non Israeli manufacturors to set up factories in Israel.
wonderd

Post by wonderd »

We don't have cars maufacturers in Israel,
and the fact is that more and more people own new cars and the older ones disappear.
I have a problem with that because I can't afford a new car and I like my BX, and I could get a good car for cheaper price overseas.
I think they should raise the limit to atleast 48 months because cars are still new at that age.
But in general It's a good call in my opinion.