cold idle valve XMV6

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Paulxmski
My Cars:

cold idle valve XMV6

Post by Paulxmski »

Hi evybody,
Took the topmost hose off the V6 XM MK1 cold idle valve (unscrewed jubbly clip and pulled) seems to be an air hose. Started car to see if disconnecting hose would make any difference - none apparent. Seems like nothing is happening no apparent suction or anything. Perhaps since the engine was cold this correct since perhaps valve only opens when engine becomes warm ?? <b>Can anyone advise please.</b>
Washed it through with cleaner lubricator but seemed clean, and made no difference to the chugging problem (Javascript:insertsmilie'[}:)]')
Anyone interested in a nice black leather interior in a white XMV6Sei must take it away and not running (SORN)??Javascript:insertsmilie('[}:)]')Javascript:insertsmilie('[xx(]')
XM-V6
My Cars:

Post by XM-V6 »

Maybe look on this site
http://pepon1.free.fr/CITROEN%20XM_fichiers/Xm.htm
many mechanical drawings
in catalogue de pieces, Euipement moteur, document 1400 is a drawing of the injection systems on different engines.
text is french, [xx(]many POP-UP windows
Paulxmski
My Cars:

Post by Paulxmski »

Thanks XM-V6 I will scurry along there now!:-)
Paulxmski
My Cars:

Post by Paulxmski »

Now that I know it's not the map, water sensors, leads, plugs, injectors, distributor, relays, wiring, idle valve. I believe that only leaves the lambda and the ECU to check. "Expert" says it won't be Lambda as it wouldn't cause that much effect.
I'm not sure about that because when I start it from cold and run it with my head under the bonnet there is a definite increased exhaust noise as if there is a manifold leak (is this the by pass operating?) which goes away once the engine has warmed up and been restarted so that engine revs normalise --- Anyone??
What about the ECU is it possible that something on that has broken?? I noticed that the whole box isn't bolted down so can slide about a bit??
Paulxmski
My Cars:

Post by Paulxmski »

Thanks XM-V6 for the reference to that site.It has a nice selection of diagrams for all the XMs.
I passed it through Altavista Babelfish and apart from one or to faults it comes out quite readable. I think when it states "Re positionnerà 0, after one period of 5 dryness the code starting of test will appear in the shape of a flash, a pause then 2 flashes is code 12". We would all be able to pick the bones out of it eh :-). The upshot of looking through the site though seems to be that I need to get the engine diagnosed since the interaction between the injection and idle valve and possibly the lambda is to complex. Also there is a pronounced ticking from under the camcovers and a reluctance to start without a foot placed lightly on the accelerator may suggest other associated problems.