xantia abs

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

crooser

xantia abs

Post by crooser »

as the abs light is on on my 1997 1.9 i will start with the sensors but i need the following information.with an ohmeter and checking the resistance,how do i know if the sensor is good or bad,and what should the resistance be? many thanks for any help.
Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

Post by Richard Gallagher »

I'd basically look for the odd one out (resistance) making sure that the wires are moved whilst testing. Where are you? I could put my code reader on it if you are not too far from Langley or North London. Its somewhat easier than messing about with resistances because it will even show the speed registered on each wheel when driving and whether the fault is intermittant
mark_sp

Post by mark_sp »

It only cost me £15 to pay for diagnosis, which correctly identified failing sensor, may be worth considering as the price of Cit wheel sensors appears to be about 3 times that of the opposition.
Mark
crooser

Post by crooser »

thanks lads.i had the car plugged in and the guy diagnosed nsf and osr sensors as faulty.however,after reading a few posts on the subject i don't think that this is a guarantee plus the fact that he told me that i would end up cracking the rear disc trying to remove the sensor.any advance on this subject?