GSA Cam belt replacement.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Stinkwheel

GSA Cam belt replacement.

Post by Stinkwheel »

Wow, just did the cam belts on the old GSA.
As the fron of the car is still off (after recent clutch change - see presvious post somewhere) i had a peek at the belts, quite old and cracked, sake of 20 quid new ones were in order.
GOSH an easy job, line up timing marks, release tensioners, slip on new belts (2 off) count teeth to make sure belt correctly placed, tighten tensioners as specified, turn engine corectly and re-tension again. Job done, why arent all belt changes this easy?[?]
I'll be flat fouring agin in no time [:D]
uhn113x
My Cars: 1981 Dyane - on road all year round.
1982 GSA Pallas - on road April - September.
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Wow, just did the cam belts on the old GSA.
As the fron of the car is still off (after recent clutch change - see presvious post somewhere) i had a peek at the belts, quite old and cracked, sake of 20 quid new ones were in order.
GOSH an easy job, line up timing marks, release tensioners, slip on new belts (2 off) count teeth to make sure belt correctly placed, tighten tensioners as specified, turn engine corectly and re-tension again. Job done, why arent all belt changes this easy?
I'll be flat fouring agin in no time
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Were the tensioners OK, Mark? - I believe that there is a Renault part that fits.
You are exacerbating my GSA withdrawal symptoms! [:(]
Stinkwheel

Post by Stinkwheel »

Hello Mike,
Yes tensionsers were fine, easy rolling and no ' play ' so left well alone.
And for the record its 'Matt' hehe.
uhn113x
My Cars: 1981 Dyane - on road all year round.
1982 GSA Pallas - on road April - September.
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">And for the record its 'Matt' hehe<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Oops - sorry Matt! Nearly same, just different letters [;)]
See you at Margam?
Stinkwheel

Post by Stinkwheel »

You will see us at Margham im sure, will probably be in the GSA in fact (if the new sills ever bloomin arrive) the Dyane is off the road this year due to needing new windscreen lower. We will also NOT be taking the dog this year, no more lost ones, into kennels i think.