ABS ECU pinout Xantia

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

MrXantia
My Cars:

ABS ECU pinout Xantia

Post by MrXantia »

Can anybody help finding out which ABS sensor is broke on my Xantia2 1,8 16V.
I have read alle the postings about faults on this unit, but the pinout is nothing like the one I can find in this forum.
This is where I found the ECU. In front of the LHM tank:
Theese are the connectors:
There are only 25 (4 large and 21 smaller) pins in the connector and in searching for the fault I found that only 3 combinations gave around 1124 ohm, so one sensor must be disconnected. But which one? I found resistance on theese pins in the socket: 1-2, 5-6 and 22-23. I think the last sensor must be on 19-20, but I don't know for sure.
monkeyman

Post by monkeyman »

Why not try checking the resistance at each sensor? In the event you don't get a pin out it may be your next choice to getting an ohms reading on each sensor.
MrXantia
My Cars:

Post by MrXantia »

Cheers Monkeyman.
I would if I could, but I don't think that's possible. The cable is molded to the sensor and therefore I can't measure anywhere from the sensor to the ECU box.
/Lars
Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

Post by Richard Gallagher »

The pins/socket at the ECU end are as follows; wheel sensors 1+6=F/O/S, 15+30=F/N/S, 29+31=R/O/S, 28+19=R/N/S. 24+16+11=earth, 13 to ABS relay terminal 30, 33 to ABS relay terminal 86 + 12v feed, 32 ABS relay terminal 85, 22 feed from brake pedal, 37+25+27 diagnostic socket. This should help.
monkeyman

Post by monkeyman »

There is a connector for each sensor, you need to trace it. I think the connector for the front sensors is connected just on the front subframe. Choose 1 front sensor and you will see its clipped in sevaral places, keep following and you will come to the connector which is located on the front subframe , close to the thin suspension pipes.Unclip and Ohm check.Repeat for the other front one. For the back sensors its a bit more tricky and the connectors are located above the rear axle, 1 each side.
Idealy it would be nice to check from the ECU but if a sensor has gone down you will need to find the connector anyway to replace it.
One last thing while i remember, i doubt you will get out a sensor without knackering, especialy a rear sensor so be prepared to replace it............it will save you time! There about £70 for a sensor and about 1 hour labour to do at a garage..........Hope that helps some!!!
MrXantia
My Cars:

Post by MrXantia »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Richard Gallagher</i>

The pins/socket at the ECU end are as follows; wheel sensors 1+6=F/O/S, 15+30=F/N/S, 29+31=R/O/S, 28+19=R/N/S. 24+16+11=earth, 13 to ABS relay terminal 30, 33 to ABS relay terminal 86 + 12v feed, 32 ABS relay terminal 85, 22 feed from brake pedal, 37+25+27 diagnostic socket.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
This must be another ECU. Mine has only 25 pins in the connector. See the photo.
/Lars
MrXantia
My Cars:

Post by MrXantia »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by monkeyman</i>

There is a connector for each sensor
I will certainly have another look. Maybe I can find the connection from each sensor to the ECU plug and post the pinouts in this forum. I can't be the only one with this ECU.
/Lars
monkeyman

Post by monkeyman »

Hi, unfortunatly im unable to see the pictures you have posted.
MrXantia
My Cars:

Post by MrXantia »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by monkeyman</i>

Hi, unfortunatly im unable to see the pictures you have posted.
Huh?, me neither when I tried at another computer. Strikes me that it might not be a good idea to make reference to pictures on my local disc. [:D]
How do I load pictures to this forum?
/Lars
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

I think you'll need to load them onto a site on the net & then link across to them.
Don't use a Yahoo board though as then only members of that board can see. If you have free webspace from your ISP that will work.
Alan S