ZX lights come on in the wet

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

PaulGN
My Cars:

ZX lights come on in the wet

Post by PaulGN »

I have a 1993 ZX 1.9TD Avantage hatchback. Sometimes, when it is wet and windy, the headlights come on spontaneously. If the alarm is active it goes off at the same time - I guess because it it detects current being drawn from the battery without the ignition being on. The only way to turn the lights off is to disconnect the battery. Once the weather has dried out the problem corrects itself. This happens only occasionally, it's done it today for the first time in over a year. I guess the problem is a relay or sensor that is suffering from the damp but I don't know where to look. Any ideas? Thanks, Paul.
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

If the estate is as the hatch, the alarm is behind the glove box, it or its wiring connector's could be taking rain water via the windscreen seal.
Dave
neilminto

Post by neilminto »

Look on the bright side -
apparently C5's wipers come on by themselves when its wet, and their hazard flashers come on when you brake hard.
Citroen must have decided to build in 'character' right from the start - they don't usually start those sort of antics 'till the warranty expires!