Accumilator leak....advice please

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Taxi-Paul
My Cars:

Accumilator leak....advice please

Post by Taxi-Paul »

Hi,
I've noticed after recently renewing the offside suspension sphere hydraulic pipe because it was leaking, that now I have a leak from the part that is fixed to the accumilator sphere.
It appears to be leaking at end where there looks like a metal plate secured by a 11mm bolt head.
The bolt is tight cos I checked but I am not sure if it's a case of a rubber seal behind it that can be replaced or does it mean a whole new part?
I'm afraid the Haynes manual does not go into detail regarding this, so has anyone got any info on what to do?
Any help appreciated, Paul.
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

Thats the hydraulic regulator, the end cap of the regulator is held in place by a wire circlip and are difficult to extract because the end cap (after removal of the bolt and plate) has to be pushed in against spring pressure while the circlip is enticed out.
If you can do that you need a viton o ring of the appropriate size.
Best to go to a breakers and find a complete dry one if you can, or buy new if you are going to stick with the car.
Dave
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

Mine is exacly the same.Has always leaked since i got the car.Doesn`t seem to need any LHM top up.More of a seap than a leak.Hasn`t caused me any probs,but i supose one day i will get around to fixing it.
Taxi-Paul
My Cars:

Post by Taxi-Paul »

Hi,
Thanks for the advice, I dont suppose you'd know how much a new one would cost? If not I'll try a breakers nearby I guess.
Thanks again Paul
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

Could have a look on GSF.If you got 1 s/hand,would have to take a chance that its ok.Depends on the price of a new 1,and how long you plan to keep the car i `spose.
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

Also,if your going to change/get it change,may as well do the accum sphere as well.There only about £20.