Heater Matrix connector

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Karl

Heater Matrix connector

Post by Karl »

Had a go this morning to take it off to bypass my leaking matrixs, pushed the metal retainer to the right (like Hayes shows)and tried pulling. Tried for half an hour before giving up.
Any advise please, also didn`t realise there was a bleed valve on the connector!!
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

Sometimes there are two, one is a metal clip that has to be removed and the other clip is usually plastic, try pushing on the pipe connector then press the clip to disengage it, wriggle the pipe connector to free it from the matrix as over a period of time the O rings can be very reluctant to let go.
Having said that you aren't necessarily gaining anything by removing it anyway, if all you want to do is bypass it, get some suitable hose and connect it between the points that feed the matrix on the engine.
Don't simply block it off because that interferes with the coolant flow around the engine and most importantly the head, you might end up creating a hot spot and soon afterwards need a head gasket.
Dave
Karl

Post by Karl »

Thanks David, have gone to the local auto shop and bought some Bars Leaks and this time knowing that there is a bleed cap on the matrix connector, have bleed it from there.
Had to use a cut water bottle to get anything water to come out, so there might have been air in there previously. If this doesn`t work will take your advise and bypass on the feeds on the block.