HDi Tuning Question (Xantia)

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

martyhopkirk

HDi Tuning Question (Xantia)

Post by martyhopkirk »

This has bound to have been asked, and probably covered in great depth before, so i do apologise.... However i cant find it on the forum (probably not going back far enough).[:I]
Having taken delivery of my 2.0 HDi xantia, (90Bhp) im looking to free some more ponies.[}:)]
A company called SP,Tuning have offered to ReMap my ecu for £150 (and they come to my house to do this which is nice)... but what are the cons of this over a plug in unit such as the Dragon or similar?
Anyone got any experience, any real problems etc? Any good bad or ugly stories about tuning my HDi? I will be a happy bunny to get 110 Bhp[:)]
boneyboy
My Cars:

Post by boneyboy »

http://www.allardturbosport.co.uk/ try these people they are diesel tuners and are very good and will tell you all you need too know about tunning the hdi
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Recent post about taking of the cat. Gave more MPG and should also free up one or two horses. What year is it?
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

www.vanaaken.com
Had my 1.9td tuned here.Gave me about 115bhp.Based in Bracknell.They do a plug in box for the hdi.
I`ve had no probs with mine,had it done about 110k,now done 135k.
Caravan Club had their Xantia Hdi fitted with 'the black box',no probs at all.
zanairman
My Cars:

Post by zanairman »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by boneyboy</i>

http://www.allardturbosport.co.uk/ try these people they are diesel tuners and are very good and will tell you all you need too know about tunning the hdi
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Do they do a remap which would include the inhibitor codes as this may be the solution to my transponder problem would be nice to gain some power advantage at the same time
John F
My Cars:

Post by John F »

I recently contacted Allard about improving my Xantia performance and told them it was a 1999 HDi, they couldn't identify that it was a common rail engine and it had an ECU, I wasn't terribly impressed. Prices of £450 & £500 for a similar "chipping" were given
bencowell

Post by bencowell »

Take a peek at http://www.dieselchiptuning.com/catalog/default.php
They do a nice set of plug in boxes for the HDI. I have one on my C5 HDI 110 and rate it as 10 out of 10.
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

Just remember that the HDI 90 is not the same as the HDI 110, it shares some common components, but some rather critical bits are not the same e.g. crankshaft is a different part.
Kered

Post by Kered »

I note that the clutch for the 110 from GSF is £115 but the 90 is only £82. It sounds like the 90 clutch may not last long with 110 being put through it!
Derek