zx handling

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

Yes they would be too high for normal driving but the ride quality was the last thing on my mind :). I was doing a sprint ie a timed motorsport event at an airfield and needed to eliminate some of the front tyre roll. Yes it gave me slightly less traction but was better through the chicanes and gave me 2nd out of 9 in class in the end so did the job.
When on the road I use 33/31 as thats what citroen recommend and they are fine for me for every day driving. Everyone has their preference and if you prefer running less in the rear then thats entirely up to you.
oscarloco
My Cars:

Post by oscarloco »

I agree, high tire pressures can be bone jarring but the handling you get makes up for the lack of comfort. And the improved steering feel is awesome. I'm planning on putting firmer springs on my car in a few months.
arry_b

Post by arry_b »

That's your choice chap. I'd happily sacrifice a bit of handling on the limit, for a more comfortable and quieter ride.
But my motoring is between 600-1000 miles per week mostly on motorways, rather that a quick blast around the block.
Horses for courses, but the standard pressures are the right thing for most people most of the time.