Xantia Immobiliser Pin Change!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

jaybo
My Cars:

Xantia Immobiliser Pin Change!

Post by jaybo »

[:)] Just got a Xantia 1.9 TD 1998 (R Reg) for £400 (what a bargain) but I need to know how to change the Pin Number on the Immobiliser. Can you help?
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

Its in the manual, have a look in the manual, it lives in the fusebox somewhere around where your right knee when you sit in the drivers seat.
jaybo
My Cars:

Post by jaybo »

Unfortunately car came with no Manual - at that price I snatched his hand off and never asked questions!
mallyg
My Cars:

Post by mallyg »

Enter the original code, press c, enter new code, press c to validate
jaybo
My Cars:

Post by jaybo »

You are a star! will go and try it now, thanks for your help!
mallyg
My Cars:

Post by mallyg »

your welcome[:)]
mallyg
My Cars:

Post by mallyg »

when i got my xantia it came without a manual, I e-mailed Citroen and they sent me a replacement. you could try doing the same.
jaybo
My Cars:

Post by jaybo »

MallyG - you are a genius! worked, I can sleep at night now knowing that maybe the previous owner may return with a spare key when he realises he has sold the car WAY under the price it should be and find the Pin has changed! Any ideas what the actual price should be for a Xantia 1.9 TD 1998 on a R Reg ? Its a fantastic runner and just has the trim on the nearside door missing which I imagine is about £10 from a breakers yard! Thanks again MallyG
wotsupnow
My Cars:

Post by wotsupnow »

I paid £1300 for a 1998 Xantia 1.9TD LX 5door ( facelift model ) last year with 98,000 miles and full service history. Unfortunately the services it had had where cr*p and just after Xmas the immobilisor on the injection pump packed in ( £160 ) whilst Citroen had the pump off they pressure tested it and it was very low so I had it rebuilt by a Bosch dealer ( £ 300 ) , it was scored inside which they put down to poor quality fuel such as low sulphur supermarket stuff with poor lubrication qualities, I also had the water pump and cam belt changed ( they allowed me to supply parts from GSF though ) whilst it was in bits, tensioner and idler where fine by the way, along with a new battery so by now it had cost me £2300 ....... since then I've changed 2 front spheres ( £24 ) , air,fuel,pollen filters ( £30 ), I've changed oil + filter ( £40 semi synth ), radiator ( £110 + £20 premixed coolant ) , fixed wiring fault on cooling fans ( £0 ) , fixed knock at rear which was tailgate rubber stops that needed adjusting, aux drive belt ( £13).
It now does 42mpg around town, is rattle free ( radio suround was buzzing but blue tack behind it cured that ) , accelerates really well considering 100,500 miles now ( big improvement once the fans where fixed as the intercooler now has a good flow of air over it ),
is really comfortable and I'm beginning to enjoy it.
I reckon you have a bargain there, BTW whilst you're looking in the scrappers, the offside rear inner wheel arch cover ( black plastic strip about 6" wide by 2ft long ? ) is missing off mine, I would pay ,cost,postage etc to get one. I assume it was lost when the locking fuel cap motor was replaced during one of the so called services ( pollen filter was black on both sides and prob original),oil was like black parafin, the aux belt was crumbling on the grooved side......
Pete
jaybo
My Cars:

Post by jaybo »

No probs Pete, I will nip down at the weekend and if I find what you want I will let you know ( seperate receipt so you know I am not ripping you off too).
Thanks
mallyg
My Cars:

Post by mallyg »

Jaybo, no problem, glad i was able to help.its nothing you can't get from the manual. I think you got a bargain, i just paid £400 for a M reg xantia 1.8i and i had had to test and tax it, mind you it only needed a tyre for the test, hope you enjoy the car as much as i enjoy mine.