Xantia boot lock

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

np
My Cars:

Xantia boot lock

Post by np »

Sometimes when i open my tailgate,the handle sticks.So when i shut it,it doesn`t allways lock.You can still open it without using the handle.By using the handle or locking & unlocking a few times it sorts it self out.
Anyone any ideas?WD40 somewhere maybe?
I never use any door locks,allways the remote.Although a few times i use the locks to make sure there still working.
Thanks..........
paranoid
My Cars:

Post by paranoid »

Take the trim panel off (lots of plastic torx screws) And you can get to all the moving bits of the lock, If it sticks when you push it in like mine did its just a case of wiping the dirt off while holding the button in and giving everything a spray with WD40, freed everything up nicely, and a lot more positive click now!!
Spraying around the button from outside, with it pushed in would have worked just as well I think[:D]
uhn113x
My Cars: 1981 Dyane - on road all year round.
1982 GSA Pallas - on road April - September.
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

If you spray anything with WD40, be sure to follow with a squirt of spray grease. WD40 does not lubricate, and washes any existing lubricant off
h3rjp

Post by h3rjp »

Mine has a tendancy to stick in (thought it doesn't have a key lock on it), I normally find slamming it a few times does the trick! Might get around to putting some grease on the moving bits as it sounds a simple job.
Tom.Abd
My Cars:

Post by Tom.Abd »

With the boot open (so the button is pointing up) I just filled it with 3in1 and worked it down into the gubbins. I'd imagine using any other sorta light machine oil would do the trick but I wouldn't fancy WD40 for same reasons as Mike but something like GT85 may do the trick.
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

Sods law,its been fine since i posted.I now open it 4 times a day when i put my work gear in it,and its been fine.Before i changed jobs it only got opened a couple of times a week.Maybe thats all it needed.