Cx wheels and tires

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

igniukas
My Cars:

Cx wheels and tires

Post by igniukas »

What wheels fit to citroen cx turbo according to original specification?(not TRX). I have 205R15 wheels i don't know what tires to buy. If i only to know original size, i will convert them to the size i need.
Thanks
igniukas
My Cars:

Post by igniukas »

Hello, please, i can't believe no one knows
philhoward

Post by philhoward »

Most likely no-one in CX-land has been on yet...
As CX Turbo tyres are 210/55r390's, with a rolling circumference of 1900mm, i'd guess a 205/55x15 (1907mm) is close enough
DoubleChevron
My Cars:

Post by DoubleChevron »

If it's a CX2500 GTi Turbo, with the 'T' wheels, they are DEFINATLY TRX tires (you poor bugger). The tires themselves are 390mm, so ONLY metrix TRX tires can fit. The correct size is 210 390mm. Apparantly only 220 390mm as available, but you better sit down before you get quoted on a set of these. Michelin and Avon produce TRX tires.
A much better option is to fit aftermarket wheels as tires are then a fraction of the price. Eg: for my CX the TRX tires we to cost about $550aud EACH (if I could find them). Now, for $200bux a peice I purchased new aftermarket wheels, and $120bux each bought brand new Simex performance tires to fit under it.
You'll have to put some effort into sourcing wheels that don't touch, note the rear spats aren't fitted to my car as they tires **just** touch them ...
good luck
Shane L.
rg
My Cars:

Post by rg »

There is, I understand, a CX forum on Yahoo!Autos Groups. They may be able o help you there.
Shane, please stop posting that photo, as it's leading me astray...
:-))
drool, drool..
rg