Xantia remote central locking

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

cliftyhanger

Xantia remote central locking

Post by cliftyhanger »

tricky one for me...... my remote locking/alarm don't work. The plip seems to be working, as it glows white when fired at a digicam[:)], and if I try reprogramming it by pointing to the receiver with ign on the car beeps or whatever after approx 10 seconds. But it still doesn't work[:(]. Could it be a relay or something similar??? Please help!!
Its a 98 prefacelift car with the 2 button IR remote.
Ta
Cliftyhager
AndyP
My Cars:

Post by AndyP »

I have pretty much the same problem and I wondered if this is linked in any way with my alarm, which seems to be disabled by removing fuse 17. In other words if fuse 17 is in place then the little red light on the dashboard flashes and the headlights flash for a while. Also, if I switch the alarm on via the keyswitch under the bonnet the the alarm goes off ! So, in short, if the alarm is off the does the remote central locking work ?
Additional detail: 1995 Xantia estate, 1.8, 8v, single button IR remote.
PowerLee
My Cars: Current - Slightly modified 2016 Pug 308 Puretech 130 Allure
Past:
2003 - 206 GLX TU3JP & 206 SE ET3JP4
1995 - 405 Executive XU10J2
1996 - 406 GLX XU10J4R
1994 - 405 GTX XU10J2

Post by PowerLee »

The alarm & remote locking are only linked by the fact that the remote key turns the alarm on & off.
The remote locking function will still work without the alarm even being pluged in, & you will get the indicators flashing as normal.
Have a look under the drivers seat, Black plastic cover held by 2 x 10mm nuts, the alarm control box is under that cover.
Disarm the alarm with the key switch & you can then unplug the control box if you wish.
mark_sp

Post by mark_sp »

I have a 98 pre facelift xantia.
The first button on the plip works the remote central locking, the indicators do not flash at that point.
The second button activates the deadlocking and switches on the alarm and that's when the indicators flash.
The system only works on my car when I'm in close proximity to it, also I have no key switch under the bonnet but there is s switch on the dash to disable the alarm.
Mark
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

I have a 97 pre face lift.Same system as Marksp.The switch on the dash(r/h side)only turns the interior sensors off,not the whole alarm.That still works on the doors.
CLIFTYHANGER,do both the alarm AND locking not work??Or is it just the alarm??
dave.t

Post by dave.t »

had the same prob on mine.tried swapping the receiver in the head lining with a friendly xantia driver in tescos carpark and it worked a treat(bit cheeky i know but its cheaper than main agents diagnostics).it only unclips .there standard.
dave
cliftyhanger

Post by cliftyhanger »

Hmmm, neither alarm or remote locking work from the plip, but central lockig OK when I use the key. Possibly the receiver bit in the roof????