Assorted simple questions

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Rivendell

Assorted simple questions

Post by Rivendell »

Hi,
1. How do I adjust the angle of the aerial on my Xantia ? currently it's almost parralell to the roof and maybe by making it slightly more upright will improve radio reception. Any suggestions ?
2. What size wiper blade should I be looking for ? I've seen the advertised on e-bay as a pair with one shorter than the other. Advice please.
3. My speedo needle seems to stick at zero sometimes when pulling away from junctions. When I get to about 10 - 15 mph it springs into life and continues to function correctly. Any ideas ?
Cheers,
Phil
Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

Post by Richard Gallagher »

The angle of the ariel can be adjusted simply by way of pushing upwards from near to its base. The ariel should roughly run in line with the angle of the windscreen.
The wiper blades are different sizes, what I would recommed is to buy quality ones from GSF for instance, they will last longer and do a better job than cheap Ebay items.
As far as the speedo is concerned then it could be the sender unit on the gearbox or the speedo itself, judge for yourself just how annoying it is and whether to repair/replace etc.
Rivendell

Post by Rivendell »

Thanks Richard. Do you know where I can get hold of GSF equipment ?
Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

Post by Richard Gallagher »

Without wishing to sound flippant, click on 'home' above which will lead you to the shop side of the website.
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

If the aerial hasn`t been moved for a long time,hold the base before trying to move it.A friend distorted his roof once!Also,for car washes etc,the aerial unscrews from the base.Although it may be tight.A pair of pliers works.It tends to rust to the base.Try unscrewing it & cleaning it,then apply a bit of wd40 to the end.My reception improved a lot after.
The passenger side wiper is shorter than the drivers side.
About once a year my speedo stops working.Allways in the summer.Over a few days it will work,then not,then under read,then over read.I`ve had it off the clock doing 75mph,it went passed 150mph,proberly 175mph!!Should have seen the mile meter turning.Then it was allright again.Touch wood,it hasn`t done it this year,yet.
Rivendell

Post by Rivendell »

Thanks Richard. Suffered a 'blond' moment there, but as soon as I clicked the link I realised where I was going. Sorry, but this happens to ppl who drive Rovers for a few years...lol
Thanks for the assistance.
Cheers
Phil