Citroen ZX 1.4i K Reg juddering

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

itobin
My Cars:

Citroen ZX 1.4i K Reg juddering

Post by itobin »

Hi,
I hope there is some citroen gurus in here that can help me.
Basically my Zx is having problems when accelerating. It tends to hesitate if i put my foot down after a 1 -2 mins of driving, it becomes so bad that in the end it cuts out and then when I restart it it works ok again for about the same length of time.
I took it to a citroen dealer and they said the throttle body and water sensor needed changing so I did. Still no good exactly the same problem, I have also changed the ignition coil with still no joy.
Can anyone help???
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Has your fule consumption gone up? How dose it start from cold? and have you changed any of the spark plugs, leads and or air filter?
Sorry for all the questions. Just trying to bulid up a picky of the problem.
itobin
My Cars:

Post by itobin »

yep sparks plugs have been changed, ive not noticed any fuel consumption difference but then again I can't drive the car that far :)
engine accelerates better from cold but this only lasts about a min or two until it warms up.
thanks
Ian
LeFrog
My Cars:

Post by LeFrog »

Been some time now since your post, so you may have sorted your problem.
I'm unfamiliar with your car, but have you considered the oxygen sensors (Lambda)? They are usually designed to warm up rapidly, so may explain why your car is misbehaving differently from when it is cold to when it is hot.
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

I think the problem is much easier - have you checked/replaced the fuel filter lately? - otherwise have a look at the fuel pump.
Jeremy
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

That remark about "better from cold" seems to suggest that there may be some form of fuel problem. As when cold the cold start part of the engine enriches the petrol mix so giving an easier start. When hot this is backed off. As the car is hesitating you could have some form of the cold start being stuck on. What colour were your plugs when changed? if black and sooty this is a sure sign that you are running too rich.

Post by 001272 »

hiya m8 have you checked the pipe behind the carbrator becasue i had the same problem on my citroen synergie and i found the pipe loose one day i tightened it and now the car doesnt jerk or cut off its perfect!