Xantia's Ride Again.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

user_3150
New User
My Cars: This is a dummy account added to fix some orphan posts.

Xantia's Ride Again.

Post by user_3150 »

When speaking to Autoleads technical support today (see thread) I was told that Citroen are going to start making Xantia's again but only about 2000 a year. Has anyone else heard any muttering's and will the U.K get any I wonder. Maybe it will be the 2cv's turn next.
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

News to me.Why would they?They have the C5.Think of all the trouble they would have getting it to todays safety standards,aig bags,body strength etc...
Unless any one knows different,seems a highly unlikely.
h3rjp

Post by h3rjp »

Seems an odd choice of car for them to start making again - they weren't very reliable the first time round, I doubt anyone would pay decent money for a new xantia nowadays?
Have you got a link to story or anything (where did you hear it from)? Rob
nick
My Cars:

Post by nick »

The Xantia never actually went out of production, its been built in Iran since 2001 by a company called Saipa;
http://www.saipacorp.com/fa/
.... it helps if you can understand Persian[;)]
and the spec of the Iranian model in English;
http://www.farhangsara.com/cars/xantia.htm
Nick
philhoward

Post by philhoward »

Giving Iranians a 2.0 16V car is tantamout to lunacy; if you've seen the way they drive Hillman Hunters and Peuegot 405's (and Kia Prides for that matter), then they'll kill themselves rather quickly! Every one drives like either Colin McRae or Michael Schumacher and their version of a highway code is...advisory.
The joys of spending 6 months working in the Peugeot 405/Hillman Hunter factory over there...
user_3150
New User
My Cars: This is a dummy account added to fix some orphan posts.

Post by user_3150 »

Maybe someone in the U.K is importing them but likewise why bother unless they are dirt cheap.
Forth
My Cars:

Post by Forth »

The car version didn't have much aesthetic appeal (personal taste), but noticed the other day how the C5 estate is quite nicely "Xantia estate" looking.
So there would be little point, really.