C3

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

esscargo
My Cars:

C3

Post by esscargo »

Are there any people on here with C3, Pluriel and any issues with them?
Can people let me know please?
I have had mine 1 1/2 yrs and had no issues really.[:D]
I live in australia too though..
monkeyman

Post by monkeyman »

No rain then?!!
esscargo
My Cars:

Post by esscargo »

No its been very dry over here at times and the drought in NSW is continuing with government water resrictions in place.
I was more interested to know of any C3 faults and issues however though. There must be lots of C3 in UK id imagine. What experiences have people had with their cars?
monkeyman

Post by monkeyman »

Well there was/is a stalling problem with petrol c3's that made the TV and water leaks from plurials from where the detacable arches fit on to the windscreen, that made the TV too. We like to moan a lot over here! Rattles from the roofs and steering wheels. Thats all i can remember at the moment!
esscargo
My Cars:

Post by esscargo »

monkey its cool about moaning. If i lived in uk Id moan as well what with all that grey sky. Its pretty bad. But look on the bright side you are so close to the next best country after australia and that is france and also ibiza....
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

Whats so great about France?
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Whats so great about France?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Food, wine, the price of diesel, the auchan hypermarket, the tour-de-france, the countryside..........not the football however[}:)]ha,ha,ha,!!
Back to the question, the main problem with the C3 appears to be not so much the cars, but the UK dealer networks attitude towards them and their owners.
The C3 has featured a lot in TV consumer shows here, because Citroen seem to refuse to admit that there is anything wrong with the cars, rather than say "yes, there does appear to be a problem, lets try and sort it"
Some owners have returned their cars 9 or 10 times because of stalling problems, and the Pluriels leaks, with no joy, and no help from Citroen.
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

What's good about France?
The people, a government that obeys the wishes of the people, the price of houses, the food, the weather, the trains, the beaches, the wine, the scenery, etc. etc.
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

Would you want to live there? Could you put up with the bureaucracy?
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

Right now I am in the process of buying some land- I have had to send the council <u>four identical</u> planning applications for change of use- photocopies are <u>not</u> accepted!!!!!
France can't be more beauracratic than that, surely!!!!!
It is very tempting to go and live there, but I am a bit set in my ways now, and marmite and decent is hard to get there!!!
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

Meant to say, decent Tea!!!
esscargo
My Cars:

Post by esscargo »

what about other issues with the cars? Mine is going really well now with 45,oook on the digit meter. I like the XTR versiona also. Is there anyone with one of these over there?
uhn113x
My Cars: 1981 Dyane - on road all year round.
1982 GSA Pallas - on road April - September.
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> But look on the bright side you are so close to the next best country after australia and that is france and also ibiza....<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Ibiza is not a country! It is a Spanish Island full of lager louts from the UK